Monday 7 March 2011

Another house music blog? Wait, let me explain!

Ok, first things first. What made me start this blog? Well it’s about 24 years ago since I first discovered house music and to this day, I still have a huge opinion on those crazy days gone by and the music as it stands today. I don’t claim to know every tune, I don’t claim to know every DJ or club, but I can say I have lived through some pretty amazing, unforgettable times. This photo was taken in late 1988 I think. (I’m the one with the Adamski N-R-G t-shirt on, by the way). This picture captures what was one of the most exciting times of my life! I was young, I’d left college, I had cash and I was going out and partying. Better still, it was all accompanied by a new pounding dance soundtrack, which I was completely hooked on!Now a hell of a lot has happened since those heady days, but the passion for this genre of music has hardly ever wavered. First and foremost, I’m a music fan, with a love for many different musical styles. But what has always fascinated me, is music that has the ability to get people dancing. I love the fact that electronic sounds, played in a specific order can bring people together, on mass to celebrate. That a round, flat disk with tiny little grooves can get people to express themselves in such a way, that looking back, it almost seems unreal. As a clubber, a DJ, a producer and an all round 24hr party person, I wanted to share my thoughts on the music that moved an entire nation. This is a chance for me to tell my stories as well as hear and publish those of fellow clubbers, which I’ll gladly include if the content is good. Oh and the name of the blog! It came from the feeling you get on the dance floor, when you’re totally caught up in the music and lights. I call it strobe struck.





No comments:

Post a Comment